- Built in 1910, The Gatewood Bed & Breakfast in West Seattle is a beautifully unique lodge-style craftsman home that offers the comfortable and relaxing environment of a remote retreat with the benefit of easy access to many local and city attractions.
- The Gatewood is a family-run inn and has been open since July of 2013.
- Once here at the B&B you may feel as though you have left the city, but in reality you can be downtown Seattle in less than 15 minutes.
- The Gatewood Bed & Breakfast is just a few minutes’ drive from the West Seattle Junction, the heart of downtown West Seattle, where you will find a variety of shopping, dining and entertainment options.
- The Gatewood is a half a mile from West Seattle’s 135-acre Lincoln Park that offers incredible views of the Puget Sound, the San Juan Islands and the Olympic Cascades. Lincoln Park has walking trails, beach access, a playground and multiple sports fields as well as one of Seattle’s only outdoor public pools.
- Alki Beach is also just a short drive away. Alki is one of only a few sand beaches in the Seattle area. It’s a wonderful spot for picturesque city and Sound views, leisurely walks or a dinner out at one of the many Sound facing restaurants any time of year. But in the summer it becomes a hub of activity.
- The West Seattle Water Taxi, available on the East side of Alki point, is a wonderful alternative to driving into downtown Seattle. The sailing time is only 10 minutes, so for only a few dollars you can be on the Seattle waterfront without the hassle of finding and paying for parking. In the summer, the taxi runs several times an hour from early morning into the evening. In the winter the schedule is shortened to commute hours, but for a day out downtown the taxi can’t be beat for the convenience or the views.
- The Gatewood offers 4 bedrooms, all with a private bath, flat screen TV/DVD, complimentary WiFi, iPod docking stations, spa-style microfiber bedding, luxurious Turkish cotton towels, as well as Gilchrist and Soames bath products.
- Each guestroom hosts a collection of works by local artists. Each piece is for sale as well. If you fall in love with one, we are happy to help facilitate the sale with the artist for you.
- The Gatewood offers an excellent choice of continental breakfast options as well as hot breakfast featuring made to order eggs, bacon and pan fried tomatoes between the hours of 8-9am.
- Continental breakfast includes a choice fresh fruits, yogurt, cereals, breads and jams, with gluten-free and alternative dairy options available upon request.
- The Gatewood has a self-serve Coffee and Tea Bar available to our guests 24/7.
- We have a refrigerator that is stocked with complimentary soda and water and is also available for guest use.
- Our library offers an extensive collection of board games, as well as books that are written about, or by authors of, the Pacific Northwest that are available for our guests to enjoy.
- With several seating areas to choose from, guests are also welcome to relax outdoors on the wrap-around porch or on the lawn.
- We are able to host small gatherings, business meetings and events in our living/dining area and library on a case by case basis. Please call to inquire.
- Geography: South of downtown
- Neighborhood: West Seattle
- Breakfast: Gourmet / Full
- Accepts Children Under 12*: Yes
- Rooms with Two Beds: Yes
- Rooms with Jetted/Hot Tub: No
- Rooms with Fireplace: No
- Rooms with Kitchen: No
- Events/Meetings: Yes
- Pets*: No